RE-OPENING UNDER ADJUSTED HOURS
The Findlay-Hancock County Public Library will reopen to the public on Monday, June 15, 2020 at 11 a.m., following guidance from the Ohio and Hancock County Departments of Health.
Hours for the Main Library will be 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Friday and Saturday. Patrons are asked to reserve the first hour of the day for at risk community members, including individuals 65 years and older and those with underlying medical conditions. Curbside pickup will still be available by calling the library at 419-422-1712 to schedule an appointment. The Arlington Branch Library will be open Monday and Wednesday 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Friday 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Curbside appointments at the Arlington Branch can be scheduled by calling 419-365-5755.
Meeting room spaces are currently unavailable reservations for those spaces are not being accepted at this time. However, the library will continue to offer virtual programs, book clubs and book recommendations on our Facebook page.
The library asks patrons visiting us to observe the following:
- Patrons are asked to observe social distancing and keep at least six feet away from other people.
-Hand sanitizer will be available for patron use, and the library asks that upon entry to the building, patrons use it before handling any library materials.
-Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
-Patrons are strongly encouraged to wear a face covering.
-If you or someone you live with is sick, please take advantage of curbside pickup service in lieu of coming into the library.
-Limited public computers will be available for patrons to use with a 60-minute time limit. Patrons are encouraged to make a reservation for computer use to ensure there is a computer available upon arrival.
-There will be a limited number of patrons allowed in the library at one time in order to comply with social distancing guidelines. Visitors are asked to limit their time in the library to 30 minutes, unless using a public computer.
Library Staff will be observing the following protocols for the safety of our community:
- Library employees will wear face coverings when interacting with the public.
-Employee temperatures will be checked daily as part of daily health assessments allowing employees to self-evaluate if they are well.
-Employees will sanitize and wash their hands frequently.
-Employees will clean and sanitize workplaces and frequently touched surfaces throughout the day. The building will be sanitized nightly.
-Materials returned to the library will be quarantined for 72 hours. Please allow extra time for items to be checked in and removed from your account.
Please contact the library at 419-422-1712 for any questions.
CURBSIDE SERVICE WILL CONTINUE AFTER WE RE-OPEN!
The Findlay-Hancock County Public Library will continue to offer curbside service during business hours at the Main Branch and at the Arlington Branch. See the diagram below on how to take advantage of this great service.
FAQ'S ON RE-OPENING
1. What is happening to my holds? You can now call 419-422-1712 to make a curbside reservation to pick up your holds or visit us in person to pick up your holds. Go to the checkout desk and your holds will be retrieved for you. Please remember that you may be waiting much longer than normal for your holds, as the statewide delivery system is still closed. Any items checked in at the Main Library, Arlington Branch, or Bookmobile are available for our patrons to request.
2. Can I still borrow online materials? Yes! We encourage patrons to check out our eMedia, and online Reference collection, as well as our physical collection.
3. I don't have a library card...can I borrow online materials without one? You cannot borrow materials without a card, but we'd be happy to issue you one when you visit us.
4. I received a text or e-mail about my items. Does that mean they're ready for pickup? Not always, so please read any texts or emails carefully, as some are asking if you wish to continue to leave items on hold, or want the hold lifted.
4. What if I have other questions? Please call us at 419-422-1712
STATE OF OHIO INFORMATION
GUIDE TO CHILDREN'S RESOURCES
Click here for resources related to the Coronavirus for kids
Click here for some family-friendly virtual exhibits for Online learning and fun
Click here for Educational resources for at-home learning
Click here for Virtual Storytime
GUIDE TO ONLINE RESOURCES
New to the library's online collection?