Who Are The Friends?
- The Friends of the Findlay-Hancock County Public Library is a volunteer, non-profit organization dedicated to supporting the library and its relationship with the community.
- The Friends are enthusiastic supports united by a common concern for the well-being of the library.
- As a Friend, your membership dues enable special library programs to continue and expand. The Friends also welcome bequests for the enhancement of the library.
- Donations are also welcome to the Friends of the Findlay-Hancock County Public Library Fund at the Community Foundation.
What Do The Friends Do?
- The Friends help promote the library, develop activities, present special programs, and encourage reading and use of the library.
- The Friends sponsor special library programs as well as staff development and staff recognition.
- The Friends raise funds through memberships, gifts, and sales in the Book Cellar, the Friends used bookstore.
- The Friends manage and staff the Book Cellar, located on the lower level of the library.
- The Friends conduct used books sales in the spring and fall.
- The Friends meet three times each year: February, (annual meeting) may and September. We encourage your attendance at these meetings to enjoy interesting presentations, share ideas, volunteer for programs, and keep up-to-date on library activities.
Join The Friends Of The Findlay-Hancock County Public Library
- Members get ½ off every Monday in the Book Cellar.
- Your contribution not only benefits the library but also your community.
- You will be given advance notice of upcoming Friends events.
- Your membership dues are tax deductible.
In 1995, the Friends of the Library contributed $10,000 to the Findlay-Hancock County Community Foundation to establish the Friends of the Findlay-Hancock Public Library Fund, a fund that has grown considerably since that time through appreciation and further donations. Gifts made through the Community Foundation offer the tax advantages of the 501 (c) (3) status. Only the proceeds of the fund are granted to the library and principal of your gift will be the foundation of a legacy that will benefit library users in perpetuity. Gifts to the Friends of the Findlay-Hancock County Public Library Fund may be tailored to fit each donor’s individual needs. Gifts are gratefully accepted in the form of cash, retirement plan assets, life insurance, appreciated stock or real estate. Further information about the Friends of the Findlay-Hancock County Public Library Fund and the Community Foundation is available at 419-425-1100.