With schools closed, you may be wondering how to keep your child learning at home, or you've chosen to homeschool your child. Check out these resources to help you transform time at home into an educational opportunity.
EDUCATIONAL THINGS TO DO AT HOME
- Ideas for Meaningful & Generally Pixel-Free At-Home Learning by Wade Whitehead
- Help your child learn to read with tips from Reading Rockets
- At-home science experiments with Science Bob
- Learn a new language with Mango Languages (it’s free with a library card)
- Practice computer coding with Scratch
- Click here for some family-friendly virtual exhibits for Online learning and fun
- Ohio Homeschooling Parents is an online support and information network for homeschoolers.
ONLINE RESEARCH RESOURCES
- Explora Primary: Research database for primary grades with digital books, encyclopedia entries, and articles about a wide variety of topics.
- Explora Secondary: Research database for secondary grades with digital books, encyclopedia entries, and articles about a wide variety of topics.
- World Book Early Learning: Videos, games, stories and activities for preschool and early elementary students
- World Book Kids: Digital articles, activities and games about a wide variety of topics.
- World Book Distance Learning Resources: Ideas and tips for using World Book’s resources for at-home learning
RESOURCES FROM PUBLISHERS
- HarperCollins At-Home Resources: Collection of activities featuring HarperCollins books along with links to lots of other at-home learning resources.
- Penguin Classroom: Discussion guides and downloadable activities.