Findlay-Hancock County Public Library Information and Resources Regarding COVID-19
1. How long will the library be closed?
Currently the library is scheduled to be closed until April 5, 2020 but our board and management team are continuously monitoring the situation in accordance with the governor's orders.
2. I have an appointment with VITA to get my taxes done. Are they still available?
No, all VITA services have been cancelled. We will provide information about rescheduling as soon as we know more.
3. What will happen to my holds?
Your holds will remain on our shelves until we reopen.
4. What about hold requests that haven't been filled?
Your place in the holds queue will remain as is until we reopen.
5. What do I do with items that are due while the library is closed?
Please keep them at home until we reopen. You don't need to worry about renewing online and we are fine free.
6. Can I still borrow online materials?
Yes! We encourage patrons to check out our eMedia and online Reference collection.
7. I don't have a library card...can I borrow online materials without one?
You cannot borrow materials without a card, but while we are closed, we are able to create digital access cards for individuals who don't currently have a regular library card. Please click here to request a digital library card. We are responding as quickly as possible to requests.
8. What if I have other questions?
The library now has a Reference Request Form in place that allows you to email your question and have it answered by a staff member. If you follow us on social media, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, you can direct message us and someone will answer as quickly as possible. We will be posting updates throughout our closure.
GUIDE TO CHILDREN'S RESOURCES
Click here for resources related to the Coronavirus for kids
Click here for some family-friendly virtual exhibits for Online learning and fun
Click here for Educational resources for at-home learning
Click here for Virtual Storytime
GUIDE TO ONLINE RESOURCES
New to the library's online collection?